This free four-lesson teachers resource is designed to support education about:
- Canada and the world
- Global citizenship
- Democracy, action and participation
- World geography, cultures and economies
Developed in collaboration with Classroom Connections, activities engage youth in thought-provoking dialogue on global issues, resource inequity and quality of life around the world. The material challenges youth to rethink typical assumptions about development by highlighting Canada's successful experience in helping communities to address the root causes of poverty and to mobilize their own resources to find solutions. Moving beyond charity, students explore how collective action and capacity building can raise the standard of living in vulnerable communities around the world.
The resource includes
- A bilingual teacher's guide with lesson plans and all student materials
- A world map, created by the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA)
- Online connections and support materials
- An activity insert to enhance school visits to the Bridges that Unite exhibition
Order your free copy now!
Bridges that Unite is a bilingual traveling exhibition that invites visitors to explore Canada’s role in the world through the remarkable 25-year partnership with the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN). Learn more...