Sample Placements for International Development Management (IDM) Fellows
Title: Early Childhood Education Fellow
Organization: Aga Khan Foundation Bangladesh
Work with an AKDN field partner to support the planning and implementation of Early Childhood Development (ECD) activities benefitting youth and adult community members.
- - Contribute to community and early childhood education
- - Improve communications through the production of briefs, manuals and articles
- - Support host organization in report writing and building effective documentation practices
- - Support and build organizational capacity to document education results
Title: Health Programs Fellow
Organization: Aga Khan Health Services – Tanzania
Work with an AKDN field partner to support ongoing health projects in the area of maternal, neo-natal and child health.
- - Provide programmatic support in the start up phase of a health program that targets maternal, neonatal and child health
- - Support the development of monitoring and evaluation tools for the health program
- - Support the collection and analysis of data relating to the project
- - Work in a team to meet tight deadlines
Title: Natural Resource Management Fellow
Organization: MSDSP – Tajikistan
Work on a team to conduct livelihoods activities in a large rural development program.
- - Knowledge of environmental sciences and natural resource management
- - Support the development of tools and surveys to monitor resource use
- - Ability to operate Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- - Ability to cooperate in a multi-lingual team
- - Excellent research and writing abilities
Sample Placements for International Microfinance and Microenterprise (IMM) Fellows
Title: Financial Analyst
Organization: Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance – Burkina Faso
Work with an AKAM microfinance institution (MFI) and its clients to improve and support financial services.
- - Assist with existing microfinance operations including loans, deposits, and targeting specific customer segments
- - Help to support and coordinate expansion programs and branch deployment
- - Assist in the preparation and presentation of the annual budgets, mid-year reviews, Board Meetings, as well as business plans and projections
- - Participate in the development and maintenance of relationships with rating agencies, donors and shareholders
- - Work and interact with other agencies as required
Title: Small & Medium Enterprise Support Fellow
Organization: Aga Khan Foundation – Mozambique
Work with an AKDN field partner or local microenterprise/microfinance agency to improve and support their services to medium and small entrepreneurs in the target community.
- - Conduct a market study to identify expansion areas and market niches including the creation of a women’s SME loan product and agricultural product
- - Complete a policy and procedure review
- - Design, test and produce marketing material
- - Provide technical assistance for colleagues and beneficiaries
Sample Placements for Young Professionals in Media (YPM) Fellows
Title: Media Fellow
Organization: Nation Media Group, East Africa
Number of Positions Available: 2
Work with the Nation Media Group (NMG) in Kenya and/or Uganda, gaining experience in print and television, as well as other types of media as required.
- - Participate in the daily news gathering and production cycle
- - Adapt to reporting in various media platforms, including: TV, newspaper, radio and digital formats
- - Seek newsworthy human interest articles for publication and airing
- - Promote readership and viewership of Nation Media Group media outlets through well-researched articles and TV broadcasts
- - Enhance knowledge and exposure of colleagues through exchange of ideas, experience and training