Position: Administrative Assistant (full-time)
Organisation: Global Centre for Pluralism
About the Centre
Founded by His Highness the Aga Khan in partnership with the Government of Canada, the Global Centre for Pluralism is an independent, charitable organization inspired by Canada’s experience as a diverse and inclusive country.
The Centre was created to advance global understanding of pluralism and positive responses to the challenge of living peacefully and productively together in diverse societies.
The Centre’s vision is a world where human differences are valued and diverse societies thrive.
Its mission is to serve as a global platform for comparative analysis, education and dialogue about the choices and actions that advance and sustain pluralism.
The Centre aims to create a positive work environment that fosters strong contributions and creative personal development and will facilitate communication and efficiency while promoting excellence, professionalism and teamwork.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Executive Assistant/Office Manager, the Administrative Assistant will support overall organizational effectiveness, with a specific focus on the following key responsibilities and duties:
- Logistical support to the Office of the Secretary General and to the Board Secretariat;
- Assistance with organizational budget management and expenditure tracking;
- Assistance with the preparation of financial documentation to ensure timely and effective processing of payments to service providers;
- Monthly corporate credit card reconciliation and payment;
- General clerical and secretarial support, including assistance with correspondence;
- Monitoring and management of office supplies;
- Assistance, as needed, with monthly and annual reporting;
- Responding and redirecting general enquiries about GCP;
- Other related duties as defined by the Executive Assistant/Office Manager.
Because of the evolving nature of the work of the Centre, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities required of the administrative assistant.
This is a full-time permanent position based in Ottawa.
Professionalism – Demonstrated ability to manage processes and maintain accurate records. Ability to work independently and to maintain flexibility in working hours. Tact and diplomacy.
Planning and Organising – Demonstrated effective organisational skills and ability to handle work in an efficient and timely manner and to apply great attention to detail, prioritize work and apply judgment to situations. Demonstrated ability to coordinate tasks to meet deadlines.
Teamwork – Good interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with colleagues.
Communication – Ability to write in a clear and concise manner and to communicate effectively.
At least 5 years of administrative assistance experience.
Fluency in spoken English and French. Ability to compose routine correspondence in both languages is highly desirable.
Qualified applicants should send their resume and cover letter by e-mail to: [email protected] with subject heading “Administrative Assistant”. Applications should be received no later than February 28th,, 2020
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.