TERMS OF REFERENCE AND DELIVERABLES
Aga Khan Foundation Canada (AKFC) is seeking a consultant to design, plan and conduct engagement surveys, traffic counts and analysis as part of an outdoor photography exhibition in Ottawa from July to October 2022. The consultant would conduct field research and produce a report containing analysis of reach and reactions from visitors who engaged with the exhibition.
Background and Context
AKFC is an international development organization and registered charity. AKFC partners with Canadians and communities, businesses, and governments across Africa and Asia to promote inclusive development. Since 1980, AKFC has helped millions of women and men to unlock their own potential to build a better life.
Supported by funding from Global Affairs Canada, AKFC has provided Canadians with meaningful opportunities to learn about and meaningfully engage with international development programs supported by Canada that have reduced poverty and improved the quality of life for millions of people around the world. This exhibition is part of a suite of public engagement initiatives and will be installed in a prominent location in downtown Ottawa.
This consultancy will evaluate the success of the exhibition and the resulting analysis will inform future approaches to public exhibitions moving forward while also providing relevant partners with data that may support their aligned activities.
The specific objectives of this consultancy are to:
- Work with AKFC to define evaluation criteria and determine data collection standards for the exhibition, including requirements such as survey questions.
- Develop a data collection and analysis plan
- Conduct necessary field research activities at key moments throughout the season to determine reliable metrics on reach and engagement. This may include general observation, foot traffic counts, and/or surveys.
- Compile and analyze the research to produce a report that contains an analysis on the reach and engagement with the exhibition and recommendations for future exhibitions.
Process and Deliverables
The following tasks are expected to be completed to result in the satisfactory delivery of a final report and raw data to AKFC.
|Task||Consultant’s Approximate Time Requirement (max. # of days)|
|Project kick-off meeting with AKFC||0.5|
|Drafting of a detailed workplan and engagement surveys||1|
|Workplan review with AKFC||0.5|
|Field research – Research and information gathering (June to October, schedule TBD)||9|
|Synthesis of field research and completion of draft report||2.5|
|Presentation of the draft report to AKFC for feedback||0.5|
|Editing of the report based on feedback||1.5|
|Total||Up to 15.5 days|
Applicants must demonstrate how they meet the following requirements:
- A minimum of ten years of experience in the monitoring and evaluation of public engagement and interpretation programs such as exhibitions.
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of the latest quantitative and qualitative research methods in the monitoring and evaluation of public engagement and interpretation programs.
- Commitment to upholding gender equality, diversity, equity and inclusion practices.
- Strong written and interpersonal communications skills in English; strong ability to interact with the public in French and English.
Duration of the activity
The assignment is expected to be for a maximum of 14 days and is expected to start on June 20, 2022, and to be finalized by December 31, 2022. Deadlines for all deliverables will be confirmed upon the signing of the contract.
AKFC is committed to advancing gender equality and inclusion through our programming and operations in Canada and overseas. AKFC requires all employees and consultants to review and abide by the AKFC Gender Equality Policy.
AKFC recognizes the importance of safeguarding and is committed to ensuring it manages a wide range of risks such that beneficiaries, staff, other associates, and the organization are kept safe from harm. All employees and consultants must respect the AKF Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy.
AKFC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.