Duration: 6 months
Host Agency: Aga Khan Foundation, Global Team
Aga Khan Foundation Canada (AKFC) is an international development organization and registered charity. AKFC partners with communities, businesses, and governments to find innovative, lasting solutions to promote inclusive development. Working in Africa and Asia, the Foundation invests in local institutions and systems that anchor progress over the long term. In Canada, AKFC mobilizes funding and expertise, and promotes awareness of global issues. In all of our work, advancing gender equality, inclusion and pluralism are key objectives and approaches. AKFC is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network, one of the world’s most comprehensive development organizations. Since 1980, AKFC has helped millions of women and men to unlock their own potential to build a better life. Learn more at akfc.ca.
About AKF Global Programme Team
AKF’s Global Programme Team provides leadership for AKF’s global programme portfolio. Distributed across a number of countries, members of the team lead the overall strategic programme direction, provide ongoing technical assistance to field-based teams, lead programme design, support resource mobilisation, nurture and sustain partnerships within AKDN and with key institutions, mainstream gender equality in programme design and delivery, foster innovation and ensure programme quality, amongst other responsibilities.
The Data Analyst is responsible for building the Aga Khan Foundation’s (AKF) capacity to collect, analyze, and visualize program indicator data for evidence-driven decision-making. This includes ensuring collection, analysis and synthesis of gender sensitive and gender equality focused data; ensuring relevant disaggregation of data to ensure gender and inclusion integration; providing training and support to AKF staff on data entry, analysis, and data management software.
The Data Analyst will work closely with Results & Learning staff in all AKF country offices, as well as the Global Programme Team to build understanding of data needs and promote consistency in approaches and measures across geographies.
This position is a virtual consultancy providing remote support to AKF’s Global Programme Team. The consultant will report to the Global Platforms Manager.
- Train all AKF Results and Learning staff on data entry and analysis using Awards Information Management system
- Train all AKF Results and Learning staff on data visualization in PowerBI, including methods for presenting gender and other disaggregation of data
- Review current AKF programme indicator data flow and data collection tools and recommend improvements to processes and structure
- Introduce data analysis tools and conduct utilization sessions on topics including how to apply a gender-sensitive lens to data collection and analysis in order to support gender-sensitive decision-making
- Review AIMS indicator bank and suggest short-list of thematic indicators, including gender-equality focused and sensitive indicators
- Prepare short best practice documents on how to prepare gender sensitive results frameworks, collect data, and utilize findings
Required Qualifications & Experience
We are looking for a candidate who has:
- At least 3 years of experience in gender sensitive M&E for non-profit organizations
- Experience with training and capacity building across cultures and skill levels
- Knowledge of user-centred approaches to data collection, analysis, and utilization
- Experience with Salesforce or other Management Information System platforms
- Experience with mobile data collection tools
- Fluency in oral and written English; ability to read and speak other AKDN languages an asset (Arabic, Dari, Urdu, Portuguese, French, Swahili)
Essential Skills & Attributes
- Strong skills in data collection, analysis and visualization
- Adaptable and reliable
- Proven ability to take initiative
- Attention to cultural sensitivity
- Solutions oriented with a growth-mindset
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by clicking the link below.
Deadline: September 15, 2020 by 11:59pm EDT
Please note that due to the nature of funding for this position, the placement is only open to Canadian citizens or permanent residents. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AKFC is committed to advancing gender equality and inclusion through our programming and operations in Canada and overseas. AKFC requires all employees to review and abide by the AKFC Gender Equality Policy.
AKFC recognizes the importance of safeguarding and is committed to ensuring it manages a wide range of risks such that beneficiaries, staff, other associates and the organization as a whole are kept safe from harm.
AKFC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.