Aga Khan Foundation Canada (AKFC) is an international development organization and registered charity that concentrates on a number of specific development challenges in health, education, rural development and civil society. AKFC partners with communities, businesses, and governments to find innovative, lasting solutions to global challenges. Working in Africa and Asia, we invest in local institutions and systems that anchor progress over the long term. In Canada, AKFC mobilizes funding and expertise, and promotes awareness of global issues. In all of our work, advancing gender equality, inclusion and pluralism are key objectives and approaches. AKFC is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network, one of the world’s most comprehensive development organizations. Since 1980, AKFC has helped millions of women and men unlock their own potential to build a better life.
The Public Engagement and Resource Mobilization (PERM) team at AKFC is a multi-faceted and dynamic team. It is made up of highly motivated professionals, whose responsibilities include: the development and execution of public engagement initiatives; the mobilization of financial resources from Canadian individuals and corporations; the management of corporate communications; collaboration with the AKDN and its agencies; volunteer engagement; and the stewarding of relationships with government partners and other institutions.
As part of the Public Engagement and Resource Mobilization (PERM) team, the Data Analyst will be responsible for ensuring a high standard of analysis and reporting of fundraising and public engagement data, drawing insights and intelligence from the data for AKFC. This position will be an integral member of the PERM Resource Development team and will also work closely with the IT and Donor Services teams.
While AKFC is headquartered in Ottawa, this full-time, permanent position can be done from our offices or remotely and reports to AKFC’s Senior Manager of Strategic Initiatives. The incumbent should be available to work occasional evenings and weekends as required. Travel within Canada, when safe to do so, is expected to take place a few times a year.
The starting salary range for this position is between $48,000 and $53,000 per year.
- Support the development and application of innovative analytical tools and approaches to help gain a robust understanding of supporters’ behaviour
- Work with PERM colleagues and volunteers to define reporting requirements, develop a suite of standard reports, and ensure the source database is updated and appropriately configured for ongoing reporting processes
- Manage and maintain, together with the Donor Services and IT teams, the technical infrastructure for reporting and analysis; ensuring analytical tools remain fit for purpose
- Assist with income forecasting by supplying insightful models for income, attrition and supporter churn
- Develop an understanding of actual outcomes versus planned performance using models and reports that can be communicated at all levels, both technical and non-technical
- Maintain data integrity, synch data between systems, and document quality assurance processes
- Manage constituent records and extract queries in Raiser’s Edge and Convio/Luminate
- Leverage data visualization software to help staff and volunteers understand trends, outliers, and patterns in data in an accessible way
- Tracks major gifts and funds, ensuring accurate allocation of funds
- Keep up-to-date with trends across the sector in order to highlight areas in which AKFC’s data provides meaningful insights into our supporters
- Undertake special projects as required
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Information Technology, Business Administration, and/or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience, preferably in a non-profit and/or marketing environment
- Knowledge of relational database concepts and technology
- Advanced analytical skills and the ability to interpret and visualize large and complex data sets
- Ability to present data in a manner which makes it accessible to diverse audiences
- Experience working with, and improving the functionality of, fundraising CRMs such as Raiser’s Edge and Salesforce
- Experience using data visualization tools such as PowerBI
- Advanced skills in Excel
- Detail-oriented and conscientious with a proven ability to deliver timely, high-quality results
- Keen interest in fundraising, public engagement, and international development
- Flexibility to accommodate evening and weekend work when required
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Please note that applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. The position is currently based out of Ottawa, but accommodation may be made for interested candidates to work from home outside Ottawa.
AKFC is committed to advancing gender equality and inclusion through our programming and operations in Canada and overseas. AKFC requires all employees to review and abide by the AKFC Gender Equality Policy.
AKFC recognizes the importance of safeguarding and is committed to ensuring it manages a wide range of risks such that beneficiaries, staff, other associates, and the organization as a whole are kept safe from harm.
AKFC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.