Terms of reference
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Aga Khan Foundation Canada (AKFC) is an international development organization and registered charity. AKFC partners with communities, businesses, and governments to find innovative, lasting solutions to global challenges. Working in Africa and Asia, we invest in local institutions and systems that anchor progress over the long term. In Canada, AKFC mobilizes funding and expertise and promotes awareness of global issues. AKFC is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network, one of the world’s most comprehensive development organizations. Since 1980, AKFC has helped millions of women and men to unlock their own potential to build a better life.
AKFC is seeking a full-time IT Support Officer to provide technical support, user training, develop and maintain documentation, and maintain and manage various IT systems. The position will be based in Ottawa.
As an integral part of AKFC, your work will contribute to the success of an organization that develops communities around the globe. Reporting to the Manager of Information Systems, the IT Support Officer will work with IT team members to support and maintain in-house or third-party applications. The IT Support Officer will also participate in designing, implementing, testing, troubleshooting, and providing support to the staff and supporters.
The starting salary range for this position is between $57,000 and $63,000 per year.
- Provide helpdesk support to our staff members and volunteers nationwide via the telephone, direct e-mail, and online ticket system.
- Generate reports, advanced analysis, events performance data, and maintain data in sync within various databases.
- Maintains data and digital filing systems (Raiser’s Edge), and ensures information is up to date.
- Schedule and set up required IT equipment in meeting rooms; Order new corporate mobile accounts.
- Deliver training and onboarding sessions to staff members on technical topics.
- Maintains knowledge of network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Administer equipment, hardware, and software upgrades as needed.
- Maintains network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Administer and maintain end-user accounts, permissions, and access rights as needed.
- Represent the IT team on cross-functional teams and initiatives.
- Contribute to safeguarding efforts by ensuring that sensitivity is protected and kept private.
- Provide technical and user support to Events including live events
Qualifications & Experience
- A post-secondary diploma in information technology with a minimum of three (3) years in a progressively evolving IT role.
- Experience using Office 365, MS Office, MS Access, and Crystal Report is required. Advanced knowledge of data extraction and analysis, is a must.
- Demonstrated experience in training staff and volunteers on the existing and new systems.
- Working experience with relational databases stored procedures and writing SQL queries.
- Additional certifications such as A+, and/or MCA or MCP are considered an asset. Superior communication and teamwork skills.
- Demonstrate patience and a strong desire to help and support people with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Able to multi-task and have the physical stamina to move physical computers and servers.
Please note that applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. The position is based in Ottawa and will require regular presence at the AKFC office within the Delegation Building and the Global Centre for Pluralism.
AKFC is committed to advancing gender equality and inclusion through our programming and operations in Canada and overseas. AKFC requires all employees and consultants to review and abide by the AKFC Gender Equality Policy.
AKFC recognizes the importance of safeguarding and is committed to ensuring it manages a wide range of risks such that beneficiaries, staff, other associates, and the organization are kept safe from harm. All employees and consultants must respect the AKF Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy.
AKFC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.