Duration: 9 months
Host Agency: Aga Khan Agency for Habitat, Tajikistan
Aga Khan Foundation Canada (AKFC) is an international development organization and registered charity. AKFC partners with communities, businesses, and governments to find innovative, lasting solutions to promote inclusive development. Working in Africa and Asia, the Foundation invests in local institutions and systems that anchor progress over the long term. In Canada, AKFC mobilizes funding and expertise, and promotes awareness of global issues. In all of our work, advancing gender equality, inclusion and pluralism are key objectives and approaches. AKFC is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network, one of the world’s most comprehensive development organizations. Since 1980, AKFC has helped millions of women and men to unlock their own potential to build a better life. Learn more at akfc.ca.
About AKAH Tajikistan
To address the increasing threat posed by natural disasters and climate change, the Aga Khan Agency for Habitat (AKAH) works to ensure that poor people live in physical settings that are as safe as possible from the effects of natural disasters; that residents who do live in high-risk areas are able to cope with disasters in terms of preparedness and response; and that these settings provide access to social and financial services that lead to greater opportunity and a better quality of life.
The Aga Khan Agency for Habitat was created in 2016 by bringing together several AKDN agencies and programs that had been established to tackle issues related to improving habitats and resources. These component parts include: Aga Khan Planning and Building Services, Focus Humanitarian Assistance, Disaster Risk Management Initiative, Prince Sadruddin Fund for the Environment.
The Resource Mobilization Consultant will assist the Aga Khan Agency for Habitat (AKAH) in mobilizing resources to secure new public donors and support stewardship of existing donors. The consultant’s primary responsibility will be to provide operational and technical assistance to the AKAH team in partnerships and donor management. This includes researching, identifying, and conducting outreach to new donors; assisting in proposal development; conducting gender analysis and ensuring the integration of gender equality within proposals and programs; develop strategies and tools for community engagement of women-led groups; develop environmental sustainability of current programs.
The Resource Mobilization Consultant will be a key member of AKAH’s team and will also work to support the capacity development of staff by strengthening their ability to cultivate and maintain a portfolio of public donor, and building staff knowledge of strategic partnering and relationship management.
This position is a virtual consultancy providing remote support to AKAH’s office in Dushanbe, Tajikistan. The consultant will report to the Manager of Resource Mobilization.
Resource Mobilization & Donor Relations
- Cultivate communication networks among current and potential donors and/or partners
- Gather, track, synthesize and disseminate information regarding new funding
- Research trends and identify resources to inform organizational resource mobilization strategy
Proposal Development & Gender Integration
- Write, edit, and revise proposal sections
- Assist the team in managing pre-proposal phase for new donor procurements
- Manage development, finalization, and submission of proposals
- Conduct gender analysis and stakeholder mapping
- Integrate gender and environmental sustainability within proposals
- Identify opportunities to engage in gender equality related programming with relevant partners
- Ensure timely submission of proposals and partnership deliverables
Management & Capacity Building
- Advise technical team on development of partnering and staffing strategies
- Identify opportunities for innovation and mechanisms for organizational growth, reflective practice, and learning at all levels
- Build staff capacity in proposal writing, donor diplomacy, research and context analysis
- Assist in developing and reviewing programmatic policies on environmental sustainability and gender equality
Required Qualifications & Experience
We are looking for a candidate who has:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. international development, business administration, sustainable development, program and project management)
- At least 5 years’ experience in areas of resource mobilization, partnership building, and business development at a large-scale international development organization
- Knowledge of reporting procedures, best practices, guidelines and tools for monitoring and evaluation
- Fluency in oral and written English; knowledge of Russian, Tajik, or Persian an asset
- Track record of success in resource mobilization and proposal development
- Extensive knowledge of the key donor procurement environment at other foundations
- Proven success working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders
- Experience integrating gender equality and women’s empowerment; environmental sustainability in program design and implementation
Essential Skills & Attributes
- Excellent relationship building skills and attention to cultural sensitivity
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent written communication skills, especially in proposal writing
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Respectful and helpful demeanor
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by clicking the link below.
Deadline: September 15, 2020 by 11:59pm EDT
Please note that due to the nature of funding for this position, the placement is only open to Canadian citizens or permanent residents. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AKFC is committed to advancing gender equality and inclusion through our programming and operations in Canada and overseas. AKFC requires all employees to review and abide by the AKFC Gender Equality Policy.
AKFC recognizes the importance of safeguarding and is committed to ensuring it manages a wide range of risks such that beneficiaries, staff, other associates and the organization as a whole are kept safe from harm.
AKFC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.