Women and girls disproportionately carry the burden of poverty. Gender inequality means they are likely the first to drop out of school, the last to eat, and the ones least likely to get quality health care.
We can’t fight poverty by leaving half the population behind.
At Aga Khan Foundation Canada, gender equality is critical to our mission: women, alongside men, are essential participants in our work to address poverty’s root causes and improve quality of life across Africa and Asia.
That is why we are proud to be silver sponsors of the world’s largest conference on gender equality, and the health, rights, and wellbeing of women and girls: Women Deliver 2019.
To be held in Vancouver, BC from June 3 to 6, the Women Deliver 2019 Conference is a catalyst for champions of global gender equality. We will join over 6,000 world leaders, influencers, activists, and journalists to accelerate progress for women and girls everywhere.
Where can you find us at Women Deliver 2019?
- Come see our special exhibit, launching at the Fueling Station between the Solutions Gallery and the Power Stage.
- Be inspired by Jane Wanyama, CEO of Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu, at her Power Talk.
- Watch our short film about Zahida, a midwife in Northern Pakistan, at the Film Festival.
- Check out Nighedaasht, a digital health resource piloted by the Aga Khan University and Aga Khan Health Services in Pakistan, at Appy Hour.
- Learn about how civil registration can improve maternal, newborn, and child health in conflict settings with Dr. Shafiq Mirzazada, Director of Academic Projects at the Aga Khan University in Afghanistan, at a Digital Poster Session.
Aga Khan Foundation Canada is also one of 300+ Mobilizers, joining the many voices who are championing Canadian leadership on gender equality, both at home and around the world.
Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for the latest updates from the conference.